Monday, July 6, 2009

Time out in Texas

We arrived Thursday evening around 5pm. We called Kevin's aunt and got shortcut directions which, in the long run, got us off I-10 and out of the middle of a police chase that happened seconds after we got off the interstate. Talk about luck. Since it was so late, we decided to order pizza and chill for the rest of the night. Friday, Tressa took Megan clothes shopping at Kohl's and I tagged along. We were going to go get pedicures and manicures but we took longer than expected in Kohl's and we needed to go to the grocery store too. After we got groceries put away, we decided to go swimming and went over to Tressa's friend, Julie's house. She has an inground pool and happened to be out of town on vacation so we had the pool to ourselves. Christopher got used to the water and ended up swimming by himself. He had floaties on and they seemed to help him. He even jumped off in the pool by himself after going to the bathroom. That was scary but he did great.

Saturday, we wanted to do the zoo, but it was over 100 degrees out here so that was out. We decided to stay in and play Wii for a while. We all took turns at bowling and later grilled t-bone steaks and portabello mushrooms for the 4th. We later went to the upstairs room and went out the window onto the roof and watched fireworks everywhere. I even saw a shooting star!! It was so cool....seemed like it was a scene out of a movie.

Sunday, we took a trip to downtown Houston to the Downtown Aquarium. We got all day passes and went through the inside exhibit. It was so cool. There was also a station where you could touch sting rays and horseshoe crabs. I touched a stingray but couldn't get a crab to come close enough for me to touch. The kids didn't want to do either!! LOL! The last thing we saw inside were white tigers. They were so pretty. We went out the exit and got in line to ride the ferris wheel and the kids rode the aquarium carousel which had sharks, alligators, sea horses, and dolphins instead of horses. We were hot after so we got bottle water and made our way to the car for the trek home. We were also a bit hungry so we stopped at this place called Willie's IceHouse and got some food. Kevin and I got cheeseburgers and fries. I had monterey jack cheese on mine and I do believe it was the best burger I have ever had.

Today, Tressa, Megan, and I went to a nail and spa salon and got the spa pedicures and manicures. Megan got her nails painted a hot pink color and the vietnamese lady painted flowery designs on her fingernails and big toe-nails. Tressa and I got our toenails painted a darker pink and we also got solar nails or as Mississippians call them, French nails. It was so cool. I enjoyed feeling girly for a while. The pedicure was awesome!! Right now, I am learning how to type good with these nails. It is kinda funny feeling, LOL! But, I think they look awesome!

Right now, we are waiting on gumbo to get done and we are going to have salad along with it. I also learned a new dip that I plan on making at Megan's birthday party. I learned it from the grocery store. Yep, that's right. The H-E-B store in Houston. It is something else. There is a section in the middle where they cook stuff everyday and let people sample it. Friday, they had this dip for sample and it is so good. I can't wait for everyone to try it.

Ok I need to get off here. I will update more later. Have a good Monday night!!

1 comment:

beagle said...

Glad y'all are having fun!