Monday, January 12, 2009

Odds and Ends

Well, it's Monday.....again! Is it me, or do the weekends just seem to zoom by now?

I am so sleepy. I think I need to go to bed earlier than I do. I don't think it would hurt any at all. I know I will need to do that starting in March. Since I am taking Child Development II, we have to have 20 lab hours of observations. So I am going to do mine in the childcare center on campus from 8-9am for 20 days, which means having to wake up earlier than I do now. I think once I get into the habit of it, and maybe going to bed a tad earlier, it will fall into place. I know this semester is going to be time-consuming with all the projects that we were told we have to complete. In the fall, I start student teaching I, which is exciting! We actually get to work with the kids in the centers more. I am so thrilled about this major! I can't wait til my graduation in May 2010.

I think we are a little closer to getting things settled with our house. I hate to give it up, but sometimes you have no choice. I told Kevin that I just want to move and forget that those certain relatives ever existed. It really sucks that folks would do family like that. Heck, they knew we couldn't come up with that high amount of money that was left owed on the property. It took an act of Congress, practically, to even get the loan we got on this house.....and that's because it is a manufactured home. They say now that we should have gave them something, anything, as a payment. Yeah, right! I wish Kevin had recorded all those times when he told them he couldn't pay what they wanted that week and their refusal of those payments of 'something, anything'. I honestly believe they did this so they could give their daughter and grandchild a place to live. She left her husband and is currently residing with them. So they go and file for foreclosure on us.....and didn't even acknowledge the fact that we paid them anything on the remaining balance. Crappy, huh? Really, I am kinda glad that we may be able to relinquish ourselves of this place. The school district it is in is not a school I want to send my kids to and the home itself is steadily falling apart. I am not sure if we will ever 'buy' another home or just rent for the rest of our lives. All I know is that I want a place for my kids to lay their heads at night. That is all that matters to me now.

I woke up Friday morning feeling kinda blah. My head felt all gooky, my eyes burned, and I was not very balanced. My throat felt kinda scratchy and I figured I was about to be really sick. One of my instructors had been complaining about sinus problems on Wednesday and I guess it was about that time for me too. I hadn't been sick in a while. Now I feel more tired than usual and I have all this gunk in my head/nose/throat that doesn't seem to want to come out. My nose is all crusty when I wake up in the mornings and I just want to crawl back into bed and sleep til I can't sleep anymore. I tried to sleep in this past weekend only to be awakened before 8 am each day by my young son wanting milk in his sippy cup. Why dad can't do it is beyond me! LOL :) So I got up and made breakfast. Saturday morning, we had biscuits, sausage, oatmeal, and bacon. Sunday morning, I fixed us all a cheese omelette. Thank goodness I wasn't feeling that bad those mornings or I would have made them eat cold cereal....AHAHAHA!

Thank the Lord we are out of school on Monday, the 19th. That is Martin Luther King Jr.'s observed birthday, as well as the 23rd birthday of my baby sister, Terrie. I am the oldest at 31. We have 2 other siblings between us.....our brother, Charlie, who is 28 and our sister, Heather, who is 24. Dang, they are gonna catch up with me yet!

Ok I am out of here. Megan's bus should be getting close to the stop. Over and out!

No comments: