Sunday, December 28, 2008

Walkin' in Memphis, part 1.

We took a good stroll down Beale Street yesterday......a kid-less stroll. It was cool. I really enjoyed it. We didn't eat at Rum Boogie Cafe. We ended up eating at the Hard Rock Cafe. I liked the megatron display that was up in one corner. Videos from every era played back to back on there. My favorite part was when the video "Home" by Daughtry began to play. I ordered Twisted Mac, Chicken, and Cheese. It was grilled chicken breast on top of cheesy, curly rigatoni. The cheese sauce tasted as if it had mild rotel included in it, and it came with a side of garlic toast. OMG, it was soooooo yummy. Kevin got a 10 oz burger and seasoned fries, Lee had Tupelo Chicken Tenders, and T.K. also had some sort of burger. It was a tad pricey but I was stuffed so I felt it was worth it. We left there and walked around the corner toward the Fed Ex Forum. I noticed a Starbuck's on the corner across the street so of course I had to have a Java Chip Frappuccino and a HUGE rainbow chip cookie. Kevin got his usual: a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino. We had taken so many photos that the batteries in my camera died. We searched around and finally found some and took a few more snapshots of the scenery. We decided to take a ride on the trolley. I felt as though I was in San Francisco as we rode along the rails. We took the riverfront trolley, which took us around by the Mississippi Riverside and the Memphis Pyramid.

I snapped lots and lots of photos. I think I may just upload them to photobucket and provide a link to them. I am not very good on html and video/slideshows. I think I need a dummy manual for those, LOL!!

Ok, we are leaving for the hall in which the wedding will take place. We have yet to meet Kevin's cousin. She has been too busy with her soon-to-be hubby (he came back in from Iraq on the 15th) and not acting like herself, from what we have heard. Oh well, today is make it or break it day, so let's see how she treats family today. Maybe it won't be too bad....I would hate to hurt her feelings.

I will update more later!! Peace out!

No comments: